Documents and information regarding admissions
For any further information, please contact 01305 221060 or click the links below for more details
Upton Junior School is a school for boys and girls from 7 -11 years of age and is maintained by Dorset County Council. We are a three form entry school with a published admission number (PAN) of 96. Should this number be exceeded, we will follow the Local Authority (LA) set criteria for admission when offering places:
1. Children in care.
2. Children who live in the catchment area and have a sibling attending the school at the time of application.
3. Children who reside in the catchment area.
4. Children attending our feeder school.
5. Children who live outside of the catchment area but who have a sibling attending the school at the time of application and with a reasonable expectation that they will be attending the school at the start of the new academic year.
6. Children with exceptional medical circumstances supported by written medical evidence.
7. All other children.
Pupils transferring into the school are admitted using the same criteria.
Click here for more information.